FAQs & Policies
Each product is one-of-a-kind. I create original designs and construct each item myself.
WHAT KIND OF MATERIALS DO YOU USE? How do you create each item?
Each soft sculpture or textile creations is original and one-of-a-kind. No piece can be recreated exactly like another. I design my own patterns (unless otherwise noted) and construct each piece myself. Bonobo & Bee does not use any animal products. I typically use linen and cotton, but may use other fibers like hemp, banana fiber, Tencel, polyester, rayon, acrylic, elastic, etc. Stuffing is either cotton, kapok or hypoallergenic Poly-fil.
For my art dolls, I often create full wigs which are constructed strand by strand, then sewn directly to the doll. This is a time-consuming process that highlights the care and craftswomanship that I put into my work.
Typically I use a standard mechanical sewing machine, a mechanical serger, hand-sewing techniques, crocheting and hand-embroidery. I do not use an embroidery machine. Faces are embroidered by hand.
Bonobo & Bee creations consist of finished and unfinished seams. For art dolls, most seams on the doll (minus doll accessories) are reinforced to ensure a strong construction.
My textile creations are derived from new, vintage and repurposed materials. Occasionally, I hand-dye my own fabrics. Any hand-dyed materials will be noted in the listing.
These unique, original creations are best suited for adult collectors or as decoration. They are constructed to last. However, please handle items with care. Please note: my creations, art dolls and sculptures contain small parts. Due to the nature of being a handmade product, each item and its accessories are unique and 'imperfections' give them individuality.
HOW DO I CLEAN THE DOLL?
Please do not put Bonobo & Bee items in the washing machine or dryer. Do not use an iron on any part of your
Spot cleaning is best- use a soft cloth, gentle soap and water.
DO YOU TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS?
Unfortunately, I am not accepting custom orders at this time.
WHEN WILL YOU HAVE MORE textile piece and/or dolls AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE?
Updates on my new creations and their projected availability dates are made via Instagram. Follow @bonobobeedolls for updates.
What type of fibers or materials do you use in your fiber art?
I prefer to use fibers and textiles that are derived from plants, i.e. cotton, jute, kapok, flax (linen), seacell, ramie, etc. However, sometimes I use human-made fibers when a particular texture or structure is needed. I do not use animal-derived fibers in my work. Additionally, I may use substances like wood or metal in my textile/fiber art designs.
SHIPPING & Policies
· I use United States Postal Service. I ship orders out twice a week. You will receive a tracking number via email.
· Free domestic shipping (within the United States).
· International orders will be charged a $15.00 shipping fee (U.S. dollars). Please add the “international shipping fee” to your cart, per item. If you order more than one item, and I can combine items into one box, I will refund you the necessary shipping amount.
· A tracking number will be provided for each package via email. Please track your package to ensure someone will be home to receive it. If a product is returned to me because no one was home to receive it, the client is responsible for additional shipping fees to resend the package.
· Note: Depending on your country/state of residence, additional import taxes, customs fees, or other charges may apply. The buyer is responsible for these fees that are separate from the purchase.
· Bonobo & Bee cannot be held responsible for lost packages. I provide a tracking number for all packages to ensure your item arrives safely to its intended destination.
REFUNDS, RETURNS, Exchanges & Cancellations
· I do give refunds or exchanges.
· I accept cancellations if it has been 24 hours or less since your purchase. I do not accept cancellations if it has been more than 24 hours.
· If you have received a damaged item at no fault of our own (perhaps rough handling through its postal journey), please contact me to try and resolve the matter. Although, this has never been an issue.
· If you have any issues with your purchase, please contact me directly by email at email@example.com. I am happy to discuss.
Your satisfaction is very important to me. If you have questions, comments or feedback, send me an email. I love hearing from you!
Thank you for supporting my craft, and the conservation of bonobos and bees!
Terms of Service
Do not copy or duplicate my work, in part or whole, in any way.
Items sold here are not for resell. Unless otherwise stated, this site is the only authorized seller of Bonobo & Bee creations.
Agreement to aforementioned policies.
All policies are subject to change. You agree to policies and terms of service by purchasing from my website.